If you haven’t given pilates a shot yet, you might be missing out on some major benefits to your body and mind! While many people are familiar with the physical benefits of the workout – stronger core muscles, increased flexibility, better posture, lower risk of injury – fewer people know about its mental benefits, such as improved mood and anxiety relief. Keep reading to learn about all five of the benefits of everyday pilates practice, so you can decide if it’s right for you!
Here are 5 reasons you should start Pilates today:
- Pilates improves your mood. The dynamic movements in Pilates can increase dopamine levels and boost endorphins which enhances positive mood. With an increased mood we are able to have more connected relationships, better productivity as well as overall wellbeing.
- Pilates increases your flexibility. Pilates incorporates movement that can lengthen your muscles leading to more mobility and fewer injuries. Increased flexibility allows the body to move in a more functional way which will decrease excessive stress on muscles and joints.
- Pilates corrects your posture. Pilates is great for correcting muscle imbalances and strengthening your core which can improve your posture. Ever felt sore after a day at your desk? Strengthening your posture will help realign the body which will decrease discomfort or pain.
- Pilates elevates your energy levels. The breathing exercises that guide Pilates movements promote good circulation, improve lung capacity and enhance energy levels—helping to invigorate the mind, brain and body. This will enhance productivity and even improve sleep!
- Pilates builds muscle strength. The Pilates repertoire involves strengthening and aligning the entire body leading to greater strength particularly in the core and glutes.
HOUSE OF SCULPT offers diverse online Pilates classes for every level and mood. START YOUR FREE TRIAL TODAY